Pearl & Muse

Pearl: (noun)
1. A dense variously colored and usually lustrous concretion formed of concentric layers of nacre as an abnormal growth within the shell of some mollusks and used as a gem.
2. One that is very choice or precious.

Muse: (verb)
1. To become absorbed in thought, to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively.
2. To think or say reflectively.

www.merriam-webster.com

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear Muse


These are the days to remember. Although this picture is almost two years old, I love finding my little one's pictures to share with others; they grow so fast, my friend and they don't stay small for very long!
So, I'm working on research for an article, focusing on history, small business, and modernization of a historical technique without destroying it, to fit it to my current business ventures. No details to release, as this is in the beginning stages of work, and as an element I adopted while in college, I'll keep it under wraps until its time to reveal. I can hardly wait to post!
I'm also finishing a story on grandmothers, a spin off of a story I did just a little bit back from the present. I've not heard from my earlier submission but no worries; some submits take longer than others.
Fiber work has always been a huge part of my life, as you well know, and I'm currently working through the written list and the never-ending pile of projects to work on and finish. Its funny how new ideas and "Oooo, I want to try that!" adds another project to the pile of fiber work to be worked on. Be it crochet, knit, sewing, etc....I love the meditative process I find myself in the midst of when working the needles....
Ahhh....the sun is shining and spring is almost here, my friend...inspiration is abounding.
As Ever,
~Pearl

1 comment:

  1. All sounds very productive, interesting & inspired. Glad inspiration is abounding. :-)

    ReplyDelete