Pearl & Muse

Pearl: (noun)
1. A dense variously colored and usually lustrous concretion formed of concentric layers of nacre as an abnormal growth within the shell of some mollusks and used as a gem.
2. One that is very choice or precious.

Muse: (verb)
1. To become absorbed in thought, to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively.
2. To think or say reflectively.

www.merriam-webster.com

Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear Muse


Dear Muse,
It was great to hear from you! How long has it been now? Almost three years since we worked together, let alone see each other? Time has passed and many, many things have happened along the way. So much to catch up on with you....
My days of dancing have kind of taken a back seat, along with my visual artistic endeavors. I've been busy with functional arts, along with the everchanging landscaping of motherhood. Interesting enough, I found through the web, a wonderful way of recapturing what it means to be creative. Oh Muse, would you believe there are so many definitions of what it means to be creative? I would have never given it very much thought but there I was, realizing one day while staring out the kitchen window, I was being creative even without picking up chalk or a pencil to manifest an image. It helped me to truly appreciate what I do as a mother, something I enjoy beyond words.
Ahhhh, Muse; I've missed you and so glad to hear your voice the other night. I look forward to maintaining your shining light as a beacon to find moments for myself to be creative and to appreciate whatever creative endeavor I move along with; no plans this time yet keeping in mind to weave my creativity into life, or is it already doing that and I have to step back to see it? I suppose time will reveal itself as to how it will all work out.
As Ever,
~Pearl

1 comment:

  1. I love this thought provoking line:
    "no plans this time yet keeping in mind to weave my creativity into life, or is it already doing that and I have to step back to see it?"

    What a beautiful inspiring start to a new blog. Hope your creative journey is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete